I have in the past used differing mail servers with different domains, i.e. dm1.net to Exchange and dm1.com to Imap. Now I have a
question about having mail sent through a gateway to one domain to be sent to two different mail servers. Then user could either use
Imap, mDaemon, etc. as well as Exchange. For example at the office it would be Exchange, and remotely it would be another server.
Important to note this would not be in any time a load balancing or failover situation. Especially failover, as that would simply not
work, and load balancing servers usually require the secondary to be of the same type (i.e. Domino/Exchange).

The reason why is long and idiotic, so I wont bore you with those details.

Sean Waite