Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu>  wrote:
> Is there an efficient way to filter the backscatter?  You can't stop
> it from coming to you, but once it has arrived, there are many ways
> to cope with it.  What are people doing?

Rather than using procmail, I use postfix's ability to filter based on
regular expressions.  It is able to reject email at the time of
delivery based on what it finds in the headers.  Check out this
document:

	http://www.postfix.org/BACKSCATTER_README.html

I'm sure you can do an equivalent type of filter for exim or sendmail
as well.  Google gave me this link for "sendmail backscatter"

	http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-backscatter.htm

Google is your friend...
--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/