On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:04:04 -0600
"John J. Trammell" <trammell+tclug at el-swifto.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 09:44:01AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> > Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net>  wrote:
> > > The only problem with plone is you first need Zope, which
> > > I've found to be one of the biggest headaches and has one of
> > > the steepest learning curves amoung the web software I've
> > > installed.
> >
> > This may have been true with Zope 2, but is the same true for
> > Zope 3? I have no experience with the latter, so I cannot
> > comment.  Anyone?
>
> My only experience with Zope was pretty bad.  Is it just me, or
> have people pretty much given up on Python?

I wouldn't say that, I just don't think that it's well suited yet
for web stuff - it may never catch up.  I LOVE python for admin
command line scripts and django is great for an out-of-the-box
admin tool to work a small database.  Trouble is, if you know PhP
and Perl, why bother learning Python?  I had to use it for a work
project or I never would've bothered, but I'm really glad I did.

Josh