On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 09:44:01AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net>  wrote:
> > The only problem with plone is you first need Zope, which I've found
> > to be one of the biggest headaches and has one of the steepest
> > learning curves amoung the web software I've installed.
>
> This may have been true with Zope 2, but is the same true for Zope 3?
> I have no experience with the latter, so I cannot comment.  Anyone?

My blog was running on Zope 2 for years.  I was using COREBlog which
made it really easy to set up out of the box.  After hacking on the code
for a while I decided to try to move to Zope 3.  After playing with it
for a few weeks I decided it was too complicated for a hobbiest to use.
It's probably a great base for a commercial project, but not for my
spare time.

I ended up switching to Django.  I really like how it tries to keep
things clean.  If you're looking at new platforms I would strongly
suggesting reading the overview and trying out the tutorials.

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/overview/
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial1/
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial2/
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial3/