Hello folks,

I am just returning to Linux after an abscence. When I last was a Linux user,
Fedora Core 2 had just come out.

I used to use "mkisofs" and "cdrecord" to make backups and bootable
installation disks for various Redhat releases and other projects.

I am now trying to do the same thing with the Fedora Core 5 Installation DVD.
I have the .iso file that Redhat distributes, FC-5-DVD-i386.iso. But I can't
seem to create a bootable DVD with my DVD writer, The system I am using to try
to create the DVD is a somewhat upgraded HP Pavilion with a "Lite On" DVD+R
DVD/CD writer (and also a Samsung CD-RW), This system already is running
Fedora Core 5. I downloaded the DVD .iso file to install on another computer.

Really I used to do this regularly with CD's. Once I had an iso file ready, I
used to write it out to CD with a command very much like the following:

# cdrecord -dev=1,1,0 -data -vvv -speed=8 -isosize -dao {whatever).iso.

Now, that command hasn't succeeded in creating me a FC 5 installation DVD. I
have read through the copious man page for cdrecord. I have tried various
optionzs including various SCSI drivers, but with no success. The program
creates a DVD and reports no errors, but then the newly created DVD will not
boot.

I even tried xcdroast, but that didn't help either. I am guessing that I am
just missing some simple option or combination of options. Can anyone help me
wiyth this matter?

Thanks.

Bryan Zimmer (BAZ)
baz at winternet dot com