From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Tim
Link
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:12 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [tclug-list] Why Debian on the server?

I am finally going to upgrade my server running Fedora Core
1 (I know, I'm behind the times) and was thinking about
using FC5. But, as I read the posts on this list, it appears
that Debian has found it's way into the hearts of many as
far as it being a preferred distro for servers. Why is this
the case? I truly am not into distro wars but was just
wondering if Debian has a better track record than the
others, longer up-times, etc.

If the concensus is that it just really doesn't matter at
all which distro to use on a server, that will be enough for
me.  Thanks.

--
tim dot link at mchsi dot com