Jerry W wrote:

>Kraig,
>
>The book "Point & Click Linux" (Mepis) by Robin 'Roblimo' Miller has a
>DVD that is really great. Can play it on your TV DVD player or DVD
>drive.  The book also comes with a Mepis CD.
>
>HTH,
>
>Jerry W

Thanks, Jerry.  I like the idea of a book with a DVD that can be played
on a TV.  I couldn't find the book at the bookstore, 'tho I suppose I
could order it and get it in a day or two.

I've decided to repartition the drive, leaving the Windows ME and adding
a partition for Linux.  I happened to have a Mandriva DVD which I'm
trying to install now.  The "live" version seemed to work fine, it
looked like an easy-to-use distribution.  I'm having some trouble with
the installation.  It goes through "Copying files..." (to the hard
disk), but now the installation status window is blank, the DVD is
spinning, the hard disk light is blinking, but nothing more appears to
be happening after 30 minutes or so.  Have to see what happens, I
guess.  Or give up and try Mepis or Ubuntu.

Kraig