Plenum = non-toxic.  So, if it's going through an air-return system, among
other things, you need Plenum.  It's also more heavily shielded, and thus
often run in the walls (helps prevent interference from any power lines and
anything else it happens to run nearby)

I also do recall the Plenum being that cheap, Donovan.  I'll try to double
check this next time I'm up that way during the day.