> I believe the 1000' spools you're speaking of are actually riser
> cable.  Plenum cable is much more expensive, usually in the
> neighborhood of $170-$190 for 1000'.  If I missed some special clue
> me in and I'll go stock up though.

I could be mistaken, but IIRC you only need plenum if the cable is
going to be in an open space, such as in a cable tray above acoustic
tiles.  If the cable is going to be in the space between sheet-rocked
or plaster walls or in conduit, you don't need plenum.

That being said, since Ben put conduit in the rest of the house, I
suppose I should do it The Right Way (TM) and continue the trend. ;-)
There's some left-over conduit from his project, and pipe-benders and
cutters aren't too expensive.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/