Help please,
  First I want to thank the Linux Guruhs for the install-fest lst Sat.  The
help was genuine and well worth the trip.
Please consider having install-fests more often!

Now my question;
My Intel P4 box with Ubuntu 5.10 is nice when the monitor is on. I am
slowly learning to get Ubuntu to do what I want.
However after leaving it set (nothing turned off) the screen-saver comes
on after one minute and runs for five minutes exactly as I set in
"System/Preverences/Screensaver".
Then the monitor display goes dark/off but monitor-on led is still on.
Have tried several keys and key combinations/ the monitor on/off switch
doesn't work in this state.  Only way I've found to get display to work
again is reboot the computer or unplug/replug the monitor.
How can I get monitor to work/display again??
Thanks,
Steve Huntsman