On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Clayton Fandre wrote:
> I do want to thank Keven for setting it up. Like some of the other guys
> said, an installfest is not a simple thing to schedule/coordinate/run.

  I second that.  Thank you to all involved in setting this up.  As far as
I can recall, every installfest has had its hitches, but I think they
always benefit *somebody*.  We also might want to recognise Scot Jenkins'
previous efforts at hosting installfests; to the best of my memory he's
personally hosted and coordinated at least two.  (So no, he isn't just
flaming for the sake of flaming.)

> I am working on getting another installfest organized in the next couple
> of months. I will use this thread to make sure we address the things
> that were missed from this last one. If anyone has space or is willing
> to help coordinate, let me know.

  Assuming I can make it (9am on a Saturday was iffy enough, but I had a
few hours of work that I needed to do before noon), I'd be glad to offer
up some networking resources.  While I don't have top-notch gear (2-3
Cisco Catalyst 1900s, 2x100bt, 24x10bt switched), it's certainly more
reliable than that flaky 10bt hub that was causing all the network issues,
and would be great as second-tier infrastructure.  (I think the same
person who was bringing Ubuntu media was bringing the proper network
hardware -- oops.)  Also I have some kinda-mid-grade wireless gear, but
coordinated properly would be rather awesome (I can envision the setup
now).  Also, if someone is willing to provide an installfest file server
(preferably in conjunction with Real Time's firewire drive!), that would
be good to tie into the DHCP/DNS infrastructure for simplicity's sake.

  Yeah, the whole deal was rushed.  Yeah, we can do better.  But for the
time and resources that were available, I don't think it was all that bad.
Good job, guys.

      Jima