That should read "won't much care": you'd be squished by a Shuttle or an
Atlas rocket, etc.

> On the other hand, if you miss by that much doing laser
> surgery, it's a wee bit of a problem (ok, if you miss by *that* much,
> you're ok since you'll only laser your toes off and miss the patient
> completely).

Laser tools don't work that way.  The "cutting" part is like using a
magnifying glass to burn a leaf.  Just a little bit away from the
burning area, it's diffuse and no harm at all unless it's a type of
laser whose brightness alone may cause eye damage.  If it was like a
"light saber", surgery and stuff would be impossible - except for basic
amputations.  Many laser types are not dangerous at all in any beam
configuration.  Others can burn a bad guy's incoming missile out of the
sky before a Patriot anti-missile missile could be launched.  Oh.. most
of these are pretty complex and need Linux real-time stuff to make them
do their things...  so this is kinda on topic  :-)

Chuck