On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:16:48PM -0500, Chuck Cole wrote:
> > > digits instead of 8 digits.  That's pretty interesting.  I'd also
> > > wonder about
> >
> > My wild guess is rocket science.
> >

> Nah.. lasers in the jungle, etc.
>
> Most rocket science *is* only slide rule precision, but testing guidance
> and nav of a rocket that's thousands of miles away and determining
> whether it's pointed accuractely takes much more  :-)

Personally, if a rocket lands in my living room or dining room, I don't
much care.  On the other hand, if you miss by that much doing laser
surgery, it's a wee bit of a problem (ok, if you miss by *that* much,
you're ok since you'll only laser your toes off and miss the patient
completely).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE