On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:05:59AM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> I would like to hear from Chuck what he was doing that required 10 digits
> instead of 8 digits.  That's pretty interesting.  I'd also wonder about
> internal precision because I believe my old calculator that showed 8
> digits actually had a little more inside

I think the old TI calculators had 10 or 12 digits internally but only
displayed 8.  I never did like the HP calculators - TI was the way for
me.  I owned a slide rule for many years and may still have one in the
garage somewhere...  Some people thought I was cheating in high school
using a slide rule!  Damn I feel old :-)

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org