On Friday 07 July 2006 10:20 pm, Jordan Peacock wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We're moving house soon and will be looking for an ISP at our new
> place. Currently my wife's parents have Frontier, but most of these
> come best in packages (phone/cable/internet) and we won't be using the
> first two at all.
>
> We're looking for a high-speed solution, and I'd rather not have to
> deal with ISP-imposed handicaps on use. (what programs are/aren't
> allowed, etc)
>
> What would you recommend? For features? For price? Both (ideally)?
> What has been your personal experience?
>
> Looking forward to hearing your responses.
>
>                           -jordan

If you have Qwest phone service in the area then you can get just about any
local ISP for a DSL provider and Qwest has been offering naked dsl where you
don't need subscribe to their phone service, just DSL over the phone line.

As to finding a local ISP, I am partial to US Internet since I work there. I
have had 0 ISP problems. :)