Ok, I gotta get my .02c in too...

I really dig iphouse.com they are really linux friendly have no
restrictions, come default with a static IP and work with just about any
last mile DSL provider (qwest for example).  They only issue is that
Qwest charges the same whether you use them for ISP or not, so basically
I have to pay an extra 20$ a month for the ISP on top of my 44$ a month
making it pretty expensive for a 7Mb DSL service.  But it is pretty
sweet speed wise.

Do know that some ISPs do not do just port filtering but also do rate
limiting and traffic shaping.  So you may still be able to do certain
things but they may get limited down during high use periods or possibly
could be given very selective amounts of bandwidth.  Some ISPs do this
to restrict over vendor's VOIP offerings without actually blocking them.

--j