On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

> hmm.  it works for me.  Which version of gnome do you have installed? I
> think on older releases you may have had to install an optional
> gnome-vfs module to enable ssh support, but I'm not sure.  You could try
> with an sftp:// uri as well.  I believe these are aliases for eachother.

I tried scp:// and sftp:// but both return errors stating "not a valid
location."  ssh:// is different becuse its error says "the attempt to log
in failed."

> Another thing you may want to try is to register the ssh url as a
> 'permanent' network folder in nautilus using File > Connect to Server...
> and then choose SSH service type, and set up your ssh details.  Then
> this 'folder' should show up in all gtk Save dialogs and in the 'places'
> menu.

Mine doesn't have "File > Connect to Server...".  It is Nautilus 2.2.4.
Maybe that's an old version (I think the current stable release is
2.12.0.)  With Red Hat Enterprise, I think they tend not to keep us up to
date.  I think they just added "Connect to Server" in September 2005.

Mike