I wouldn't trade Konqueror for any other file manager - Since I
discovered that I could use split windows (top/bottom, right/left) in
my Konqueror, it has become my favorite file manager. So I have one
"pane" with an ssh connection to some server, another running an sftp
session, yet another displaying a shared Windows drive via smb and one
of course the local file system - the possibilities are endless. I
often transfer files back and forth among these different machines
seamlessly - all within one application. There is even an option to
save a profile and so I just have to load my custom profile with a
couple mouse clicks to open all four panes. With KWallet setup I don't
even need to type my password any more! I love it!

Have never used Nautilus - don't know if it has these features...

- VC.