Hi there,

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Ed Wilts wrote:

> This is really indicative of something not supporting full duplex when
> you've told it too.  Does ethtool confirm that the port is really at
> full duplex?

Yup.

> For starters, force both ends to half duplex and see if the speed goes
> up.  If it does, at least you know you have a duplex issue.

Hmm. I tried that, and get the same exact speed either way (transferring a
~500Mb file). Now, here's the thing. I get this speed across the network,
from pretty much any machine TO pretty much any machine (there's about 10
machines). There are two switches and this happens between switches and on
each individual switch! All the machines are (confirmed by eth/mii-tool)
set to 100FDX. I tried the forced-hdx thing and get the same result...

-Yaron