On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 01:23:11AM -0600, Yaron wrote:
> I'm getting like, 800K/second, though, which according to my math seems
> like the non-ideal version of a 10baseT network rather than the 100baseT
> that I actually have.
>
> Now, given that I'm tired, have a headache and am actually horrible at
> math even on a good day, it's not unlikely I've got something wrong here.
> So, anyone wanna tell that I'm wrong and that I don't need to rip the
> network apart tomorrow morning?

This is really indicative of something not supporting full duplex when
you've told it too.  Does ethtool confirm that the port is really at
full duplex?

For starters, force both ends to half duplex and see if the speed goes
up.  If it does, at least you know you have a duplex issue.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA