> I'm getting like, 800K/second, though, which according to my math seems
> like the non-ideal version of a 10baseT network rather than the 100baseT
> that I actually have.
>
> Now, given that I'm tired, have a headache and am actually horrible at
> math even on a good day, it's not unlikely I've got something wrong here.
> So, anyone wanna tell that I'm wrong and that I don't need to rip the
> network apart tomorrow morning?

Of course there are many variables. Crappy network cards often times result in
crappy throughput. Crappy network drivers often times result in crappy
throughput. Plus you didn't really include any details. How are you
determining your network speed? Have you checked for errors on your
interfaces? What operating systems involved? Have you done any OS tweaking?
You imply multiple swtiches, how many are involved?