> Of course there are many variables. Crappy network cards often times
> result in crappy throughput. Crappy network drivers often times result
> in crappy throughput. Plus you didn't really include any details. How
> are you determining your network speed? Have you checked for errors on
> your interfaces? What operating systems involved? Have you done any OS
> tweaking? You imply multiple swtiches, how many are involved?

Linux-to-Linux, both on the same 100M switch, no errors on the cards,
they're both showing 100FDX, one's a VIA Rhine, the other's an
NForce-based cared using the Forcedeth driver. Both fairly fast machines
with a nice amount of RAM.

But basically... does that mean my calculations are, in fact, correct?
Cause to me, THAT'S what would be a big surprise (:

-Yaron