I'm faced with the need to create forensic test data for an Exchange 2007
server with unified messaging. Microsoft has a list of tested PBX and IP
gateway products that are known to work (below) but I'd prefer to use
Asterisk if possible. From everything I've read it appears that since
Exchange uses SIP over IP and Asterisk uses SIP over UDP this will not
work. I don't have a lot of experience with Asterisk but I know that many
of you do so I was wondering if anyone knows of a plan to allow Asterisk to
run SIP over IP or if there are any SIP gateways that will make this
conversion. Reading through the Asterisk/Digium documentation and the
asterisk-users list archive didn't turn up any clues. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2007/productevaluation
/sysreqs.mspx#pbx

Thanks in advance,
Brian Lawrence