On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Jima wrote:

>> *http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060421/D8H4K0J01.html
>
>  Throughout reading this article, I kept being reminded of the Linux
> Standards Base.  "Didn't LSB do this years ago?"  Then I got to the ninth
> paragraph, where they first mention LSB by name.
>  Just seemed to me that A) they really beat around the bush and B) it
> isn't exactly news.  I did notice the part about LSB 3.1 being the first
> version to cover desktop distros, though.

I think that was the news:  Now LSB 3.1 is out and it covers desktop
distros.  Also, they reported that the new standards-compliant desktops
are coming soon.

I was glad to see this news.  It was written for people who don't know
about LSB, obviously, but news agencies have to try to serve the other
99.9% of the population when possible!  ;-)

Mike