On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Jerry W wrote:
> *Linux Distributors Unite on Standard
> See:
> *http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060421/D8H4K0J01.html

  Throughout reading this article, I kept being reminded of the Linux
Standards Base.  "Didn't LSB do this years ago?"  Then I got to the ninth
paragraph, where they first mention LSB by name.
  Just seemed to me that A) they really beat around the bush and B) it
isn't exactly news.  I did notice the part about LSB 3.1 being the first
version to cover desktop distros, though.
  They also gloss over Windows' consistency between versions a bit too much
for my taste.  Maybe it's just because I've been burned by
incompatibilities before. *shrug*
  Interesting article, though, in that it seems to be aimed toward non-geek
readers.  (Thanks, Jerry -- I'm not blaming you for posting the link.)

      Jima