On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:43:14PM -0500, Jeremy Rosengren wrote:
> So it's somewhat of a purity vs. ease-of-use argument.  This is the
> only list of the 20 (- 5-10 that I've unsubscribed from) that I
> subscribe to that does this, however.

I find that hard to believe, but this all depends upon what types of
lists you belong to.  In my experience, lists with technical users
generally shy away from Reply-To munging.  I get PISSED off when I
have to kill and email draft because the To: field didn't get
populated with the original sender of the email.  If I reply, I want
to reply to the sender.  If I Reply All, I want to reply to the list.
It seems very logical.  Reply All == List.  Reply == Invidual.  Why
screw with logic?

> Are there other people on this list who subscribe to a lot of other
> mailing lists that are configured the way the TCLUG list is?

90% of them are configured as TCLUG is.  And for the ones that aren't,
I un-munge them with procmail.  Basically, if the To: and Reply-To:
are the same, kill the Reply-To.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/