Chad Walstrom wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:43:14PM -0500, Jeremy Rosengren wrote:
>

>>So it's somewhat of a purity vs. ease-of-use argument.  This is the
>>only list of the 20 (- 5-10 that I've unsubscribed from) that I
>>subscribe to that does this, however.
>>

>I find that hard to believe, but this all depends upon what types of
>lists you belong to.  In my experience, lists with technical users
>generally shy away from Reply-To munging.  I get PISSED off when I
>have to kill and email draft because the To: field didn't get
>populated with the original sender of the email.  If I reply, I want
>to reply to the sender.  If I Reply All, I want to reply to the list.
>It seems very logical.  Reply All == List.  Reply == Invidual.  Why
>screw with logic?

Fair enough.  I went back and checked my lists again, and I think my
percentages are skewed because of the number of RedHat mailing lists I
subscribe to.  RedHat's config munges Reply-To on all lists, even the
technically-oriented ones.  Some of the others I only read, but when I
checked they were configured as TCLUG's list is.

>>Are there other people on this list who subscribe to a lot of other
>>mailing lists that are configured the way the TCLUG list is?
>>

>90% of them are configured as TCLUG is.  And for the ones that aren't,
>I un-munge them with procmail.  Basically, if the To: and Reply-To:
>are the same, kill the Reply-To.

Before I return to lurking -- anybody have any idea if Thunderbird is
going to get a Reply To List feature ever?

Thanks,

-- jeremy