Josh Trutwin wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:46:59 -0500
>Jeremy Rosengren <jeremy at rosengren.org> wrote:
>

>>This was probably talked about ad nauseum when the change was made,
>>but I missed it.
>>
>>Why is the TCLUG list not configured with a reply-to that sends back
>>to the list?  This is the only mailing list subscription I have for
>>which I have to do a reply all in order to get the message back to
>>the list.
>>

>Oh boy - here we go.
>
>Here are two separate viewpoints:
>
>http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
>http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

So it's somewhat of a purity vs. ease-of-use argument.  This is the only
list of the 20 (- 5-10 that I've unsubscribed from) that I subscribe to
that does this, however.  Are there other people on this list who
subscribe to a lot of other mailing lists that are configured the way
the TCLUG list is?

-- jeremy

p.s.  I got an email from Dave Alanis saying his response was meant to
be taken humorously.  Sorry I misinterpreted.