I'm about to start doing a similar project.  Well, identical.  One thing
to look out for is the fact that most turntables do not have built in
preamps.  That means the signal coming out needs some serious EQ on the
low end.  (standardized by our friends at the RIAA, the people who want
to jail us for doing this.. )  Check out
http://www.platenspeler.com/background/riaa/uk_riaa_background_1.html
If you have a receiver with a phono input, make it easy and just go from
the aux out on your receiver.  Otherwise, I imagine one could record
direct and then use ReZound to approximate the curve shown on the page I
linked above to get similar results.  Gramofile sounds interesting but I
hated their website immediately.  Doesn't say anything about preamps or
filters, anyway.  As I've said, I am going to doing this soon, so I
would certainly appreciate anything anyone has to say about the process.
Oh, btw, I use Ardour for capturing audio, ReZound for post and k3B for
burn.  I came from the Cakewalk crowd, so I like to see stuff on
screen.  In color!   ;>