On 10/29/05, Kraig Jones <jkjones at tcq.net> wrote:
> I want to record and convert some old LP's to MP3 or ogg.  I've found
> one way to do it -- turntable to sound card's line-in, using Audacity to
> record and save to .wav, .mp3, or .ogg.  The only thing is, it seems to
> me that Audacity is more complex than necessary.  I was just wondering
> if anyone has used any other methods?

You have a few options here...you could use either arecord or ecasound
from the command line to record the wav and then encode to mp3 using
lame.   Alternatively, there's an open-source project called
"gramofile" which was written specifically to help people do the
vinyl->mp3 conversion.  I've never used it, but it might be of use for
you.

-Erik