On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:45:07PM -0600, smac at visi.com wrote:
> Would that be a <shameless plug> ;oD

Yes it would. :)

> We don't have a lot of funds for this sort of thing. It's sort of a
> weird thing to sell something and require a subscription to a service
> to use it. I'm not much for this sort of marketting sort of like snake
> oil sellers.

As Adam said, there are lots of companies following this model.  Look at
all of the MMORPGs for a direct example.

> I don't like TV myself I feel TV is a waste of time. I guess for a TV person
> research on the topic of the day would be no fun.

If your family really doesn't use the TV much, don't bother with it.
The TiVo has changed the way I watch TV.  Now I never miss the nightly
news because it's always there when I get home.  I can record movies and
educational shows any time of day with a few button presses and watch
them when I feel like it.  If the phone rings, I pause what I'm
watching, answer the phone, hang up on the telemarketter, and I don't
miss anything.

You don't have to do anything with the TiVo, but some rabid fans might
try to get you to change your mind.  :)

Nate
Rabid Tivotee