My wife won a Tivo that can record 40 hours of TV, my first reaction was
"So who wants to watch TV".
I like books, researching, and learning, without cable there is not much
of anything worth staring at.

I also found that I would have to sign up for a service that would cost
$13 every month or $300 for a life time.
LOLROF  I can't imagine why I would pay either price!

Question:
Has anyone been able to use this thing without the service?
Can I sign up and quit the service but still use the device?
Can the device be hacked so it can be used like a VCR for recording
(wife likes 24)?
or
Do I put it up for sale?

Sam.