We're in the middle of implementing SSH, and a concern was raised.
I'm still in the process of finding an answer, but wanted to find out
from others how they did it.

Scenario:
--  Multiple *nix platforms:  HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux (RHELv3), and
Tru64(ssh2)
--  Different versions between platforms:
       -- HP-UX OpenSSH 3.9
       -- AIX OpenSSH 3.8
       -- Solaris  OpenSSH 3.7(?)
       -- RHEL OpenSSH 3.6.1p2
       -- Tru64    SSH2 v3.2.3

The concern is whether or not an OpenSSH sshd_config file can be
standardized, and implemented across the various systems/platforms
with OpenSSH.  At the moment, SSH2 isn't part of the scope.

Some here are saying it's possible.  I've taken the stance that it's
not good business practice to build a single sshd_config file for all
platforms.  Instead, I'm proposing one sshd_config per platform.  So,
at the moment, I have the task of proving my point about building per
platform/version being the correct way to do it.

Anyone have any thoughts or insights into one way or the other?

Thanks.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..