On Thursday 10 March 2005 08:38 am, Tim Wilson wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting a couple of the server's daemons running though.
> Postgres came up fine so I did a dump of all the current databases. (That's
> just to prevent losing the transactions from yesterday that occurred after
> the nightly backup.) But we also have some MySQL DBs on the system. I'd
> like to do the same, but I can't get MySQL started. It fails silently and
> simply says to check the syslog. There's no help in there that I can see.

[mysqld]
log             = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log

???

All sort of info should be there on why mysql failed to start.

/usr/sbin/mysqld, Version: 4.0.23_Debian-10-log, started with:
Tcp port: 3306  Unix socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Time                 Id Command    Argument
<snip>

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500