On Thursday 10 March 2005 08:38 am, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Any suggestions? Would there be another daemon that needs to be started
> before mysqld can run? BTW, this is a Dell 1750 running Debian.

I just had a Dell 1750 crash *exactly* like that a few weeks ago - I called it
in for service and they basically had to replace everything.  I bet you've
got the same problem I had.  It will corrupt things if you continue to use
the hardware.

--
-dave

Dave Carlson <dave at math.umn.edu>

Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
http://www.math.umn.edu

PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
C3D0 9962 1E98 B742 132D  0E1A CE11 7C4B 5309 97A7
(visit http://www.gnupg.org for more information)