Just a follow-up.

Turns out I had to remove the package bonnie++ to make it work.  System is
creating a full backup now ... I have to say I wasted a couple of days
screwing around with this ... a few hours each day trying to figure out why
it would not run as advertised.  Grrrr!!!!

Thought I would post the solution to make the record complete.

Randy