You can get the scancodes from xev.  Just run xev and start typing.
It'll give you the info you need.

xmodmap is what maps the scancodes to functions.

There's another very easy program for this called hotkeys.
http://ypwong.org/hotkeys/

Also, another one which looks extremely easy, though I've not tried it
myself:
http://lineak.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

Chris