I'm going to get flamed for this!

If the copy write says they should not reverse engineer the game or
change it in any way, explain to me why the company in question should
not stand up for their rights?
The idea that "this is just a game" isn't acceptable when the product is
not open source. From what I've read this is a closed source program not
an open source program. What we need to recognize is, in the United
States everyone has a right to due process. If we agree or not with what
someone does, they have a right to due process.

Even SCO has the right, but they must produce evidence that I don't
think they have and it looks like a judge is saying the same thing.
Remember SCO gets lots of money from M$.

Doom, Quake, Call of Duty, and others have many mods for the original
games, but the people who make the games said making the mods is cool.

Yes contribute to EFF, yes stand up for what we believe in, but we must
let others do the same no mater what we think.

Sam.