absurd, yes.  sickening? there's a lot worse going on in this world
that probably deserves the "sickening" moniker.

write your congress-critter[1], and make sure that you're donating to
the EFF[2].  a plug for the EFF folks is in order.  they hire lawyers
and see things through the court system.  they lobby folks and they
promote awareness on these issues.

if you're going to get peeved about this stuff, you might as well work
to do something about it. :)

On Feb 12, 2005, at 8:37 AM, John Meier wrote:

> This is just sickening...
>
> http://www.securityfocus.net/news/10466
>

> .... "Hackers, if they're allowed to do this kind of thing, will be
> allowed to hack into any game, anywhere," Pfeiffer warns. "We spent
> millions of dollars to develop these games, and people are coming in
> and changing the code to their liking, and that's illegal."

{snipped - misc. signatures}

references
[1] -
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?
State=MN
[2] - http://www.eff.org

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC