On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, John T. Hoffoss wrote:

> Pretty much anyone I've ever talked to who has shopped there indicated
> GNS is very inconsistent in terms of customer service. Certain guys
> there are great, helpful, knowledgable. Other guys I've encountered
> there have an elitist attitude and challenge everything you say...

I agree with this.  One guy told me several things that were not true.
He was inexperienced and would have done better by admitting that he
didn't know.  He was a nice guy though.  A second guy had such a snobby,
superior and unfriendly attitude that I wanted to report him to his
supervisor.  But he might have had his facts straight.  A third guy was
very helpful and actually managed to find a very clever and sneaky way to
get me a driver that worked for a wireless card under XP x64.  He had to
work to dig that up and I really appreciated his effort.

So, as John said, YMMV.

But, if you want good prices, I would say that GNS has good prices for a
local shop.  I don't know if others are cheaper.  How does Tran Micro
compare?  It would be easy to make a comparison because Tran is almost
nextdoor.  I have the impression that GNS has more in stock than Tran
does.

Mike