I'm having trouble getting an intelPro1000 gt to work on Debian
3.0.

So far I've done:

modprobe e1000
 Which gives me this in dmesg:
e1000: Ignoring new-style parameters in presence of obsolete ones
Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 5.2.52-k4
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Intel Corporation.

and that looks good, but when I added the interface
in /etc/network/interfaces as eth2 and run ifup eth2 I get this:

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth2: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth2: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
eth2: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

any help is appreciated.

Ben