I've found that "special features" usually won't work through a KVM,
Linux or Windows. I bought one of those Logitech Laser Mouse, and
besides the better tracking it had a couple extra features. Hooked up
directly to the computer it would work fine, but as soon as I hooked it
up through a KVM, none of the extra buttons would work. Needless to say,
I returned it and went back to a plain old optical mouse.

Todd Young

--
Todd Young