I am trying to get my IPCop box working. It is doing DHCP but it does
not seem to be getting the host names from the machines on my network.

For example, I have a debian (woody) box whose hosts file has this entry:
127.0.0.1   installfest   localhost

but when I try to see if DNS is working:

installfest:~# host installfest
Host installfest not found 5(REFUSED)
installfest:~# telnet Firemouth
telnnet: could not resolve Firemouth/telnet: Temporary failure in name
resolution

Firemouth is another machine with similar hosts file entry.
I looked at the IPCop FAQ pages but they were not helpful.

I'm wondering if some port has to be open or some daemon has to be
running to provide the host name when DHCP runs.

BTW all of this is in the Green.
--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff