On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:10:06 -0500, Clay Fandre <clay at fandre.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004, John T. Hoffoss wrote:
> > I've got a potential speaker for August, if you don't. Paul Anderson
> > (I think; my roomate's uncle) from Wind River, <
> > http://www.windriver.com >. Wind River does a lot with embedded OSs,
> > supports/complies with open source licenses, etc. (To my knowledge,
> > this could be a topic of discussion while Paul is with us.)
> >
> > Wind River also has products on Mars and on a few other probes that
> > have been sent out. Wicked cool, I think.
> >
> > I'd like to know if August or September would work best before I email
> > Paul to see if it'll work with him. I think there'd be much more
> > interest in this talk than the last one I brought (XIOtech)...
> >
> > If we wait 'til September, we could maybe find some people to put some
> > posters up around campus/dorms and try to catch a few Frosh on that
> > weekend before school starts, too.
>
> No, I don't have anything lined up for August yet. I was going to
> contact CodeWeavers and have them come it, but it probably won't be
> until September or October. The schedule is wide open right now, so do
> what you can and let me know. I'll leave it up to you.

So August and September meetings have come and gone. I just got word
back from Paul Anderson, the speaker I've been trying to line up, and
he has tentatively said November will work. I'm waiting for a
confirmation, and that could change, but right now, I think there's a
good chance.

So to garner interest in his talk, and to get the word out now, he'll
be speaking about embedded Linux and how it's used at WindRiver in
their products. I expect this will wander into other talks of
technology that they have used, are using, and will use, as well. In
addition, Paul is hoping to get in touch with some folks who have
experience and/or interest in embedded Linux programming, so postering
EE/CS would be good, and the ACM student chapter should definitely
hear about this early to get the word out. (I assume we have current
members on the list...)

So, who's interested in this? Do you have specific questions or topics
you'd like to have Paul speak of? Will you bring your embedded Linux
developer friends along?

Thanks folks.