That was one of Micro-scam's ploys to make sure everyone was paying for
their OS's.  XP home is big on examining the hardware of the system on
which it is running.  That information is then registered with Microsoft.
If you later try to install your legitimately owned copy on a machine
other than the original, the database will recognize the fact that the
hardware is different, and it will call you "pirate."  Without further
information, I'm guessing that is what is happening here.