On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:39:05 -0500, sk3tch at sk3tch.net <sk3tch at sk3tch.net> wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> Perhaps you're not aware of the quality of IBM laptops.  For what he is
> selling, this is a good buy.  If I didn't already have a T40 I'd be
> interested.
>
> Nevermind that this is a sub-note, not your average 8+ LB behemouth!
>
> You replied to the whole list so I figured you wouldn't mind me butting
> in. :-D

Nah, I don't mind.  I realized my mistake, but rather than trying to
send another "Oops, ignore previous e-mail" figured it would slide.

As to the cost, honestly, I think it's too much.

$200 for X20
$90 for a battery
$46 for the AC adapter
$69 for 10GB drive
Who knows what the cost of the other parts are going to cost...

Add in the specs of the system itself:

P3-600
64MB of ram
4MB video

It's not worth it for what it would cost to bring it to par for my
desires/needs.  The costs would take it pretty close to about 2/3 the
cost of a new.  At which point, I'd rather spend the money and buy a
warranty.

I'm well aware of the quality of Thinkpads.  I've used the 390E, 380
series, 770, and I'm typing this out on an R50.  I'm very interested
in obtaining an X series due to portability needs primarily, as I ride
a motorcycle in the summer time and the weight of all the laptops I've
used to date is a killer when it's there for a few hours.

I realize the X series isn't meant to the a desktop replacement, but
even so, the specs of this one is low.  As I said, I don't want to
lowball him, but I honestly think he's asking too much.  IMO at least.

--
-Shawn

"That which hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed."