On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Phil & Kate Smith wrote:
> I/m Looking for a good TC DSL ISP...any comments welcome.
> any experiences with:
> Qwest

 *shudders*
 Can you get consumer-grade DSL out of them anymore?  I thought they'd
(forcibly) switched "regular users" over to MSN and only handled business
customers now.  Maybe they changed their game plan; I don't know.  I do
recall that was what they wanted to do (much to the irritation of many
customers).  Perhaps the backlash put them in their place; customers tend
to dislike being traded like baseball cards (or players, I suppose).

> Sound Internet

 Not me, but I've heard some good things.  Maybe I can beat a review out
of someone.

> others?

 Obligatory plug: Real Time Enterprises, which hosts the TCLUG mailing
list, offers DSL.  Reliable.  Competent, Linux-friendly tech support.
They're my favorite, at any rate.  (No, I don't work for them, but I'm a
happy customer.)

http://www.real-time.com

 I also hear VISI is good for DSL.  Everyone I've talked to who've used
them has seemed pretty satisfied.

http://www.visi.com

     Jima