On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 08:55:42AM -0600, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> I've been to several data centers (Exodus, MCI/Worldcom, Visi) and was
> very impressed when I toured Inflow.  It's very well setup, highly
> redundant.  They're a top notch organization and run things
> "by the book".  They provide 24x7 access and remote hands if needed.
> Uptime has been great and they're very proactive about notifying you
> _before_ they do anything.  They actually test stuff like generators
> and network failovers on a regularly scheduled basis.  They're probably
> not the cheapest, but what is your uptime worth?

Do they have man traps, biometric hand scanners, kevlar walls, completely
redundant utility power feeds, with two sets of backup generators,
redundant HVAC, multi-zone dry pipe fire suppression,

I'm not sure you know what 'top notch' is, especially when it comes to a
little thing called 'provider independant'. If you buy rack space at Inflow
you have to buy rather expensive bandwidth from Inflow. "Top Notch" facilities
let you buy from whoever you want.

Get a tour of Equinix's facilities sometime, you're realize that places like
VISI (where you have to wake up the guard in the security booth to get your
cabinet keys) and Inflow are small time companies that aren't really
geared towards your colocation needs.

24/7 Access should not be a question.
Remote Hands should not be a question.
100% Uptime should be the norm