Tom Penney wrote:
> The time has come to co locate. Our UPS fried and the T1 goes down
> often. Time to move on.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with Berbee? I toured their new facility
> in Brooklyn park. Pretty fancy. 24 7 access to servers. Nice
> redundancy setup. etc.  The place is huge. The backup power generator
> room alone is bigger than my house.

Never heard of Berbee before.

> Can anyone recommend other co lo options? Uptime, physical access to
> our servers and price are our main concerns.

I have a friend who is co-lo'ing at Inflow in Minneapolis.
http://www.inflow.com/

I've been to several data centers (Exodus, MCI/Worldcom, Visi) and was
very impressed when I toured Inflow.  It's very well setup, highly
redundant.  They're a top notch organization and run things
"by the book".  They provide 24x7 access and remote hands if needed.
Uptime has been great and they're very proactive about notifying you
_before_ they do anything.  They actually test stuff like generators
and network failovers on a regularly scheduled basis.  They're probably
not the cheapest, but what is your uptime worth?
--
scot