On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Patrick Hawkins wrote:

>> "... you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet
>> service provider, a server site for ftp, telnet, rlogin, e-mail hosting,
>> "web hosting" or other similar applications, for any business
>> enterprise, or as an end-point on a non-Comcast local area network or
>> wide area network."
>
> The way that the sentence is constructed, it could be construed three
> different ways:
>
> a) a list of four forbidden items, the items being internet service
> provider, server site (with ftp etc. describing the phrase "server
> site"), business enterprise, or end-point

a) would be correct, since there is a comma between 'applications' and
'for any business'.  You cannot be an ISP.  You cannot host server
applications.  You cannot use it for a business.  You cannot be an
endpoint on a non-Comcast LAN or WAN (whatever that means).

But my suggestion would be to either ask on alt.usage.english, or call and
ask their legal department.

Could you be an I.S.P?

I could not be an ISP!
I cannot serve FTP!